Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spoon love


Grandma's birthday was this week!  Everyone came over on Wednesday to celebrate in the beautiful weather.  We had some tasty burgers on the deck, and Amy made the yummiest birthday cake with homemade filling and frosting (don't get any ideas, Jamie - I am only capable of cakes from a box).  Maggie had fun playing with the family.






Maggie kept waking up during the night last week, and we had to give her lots of cuddling and swaying to get her back to sleep… this makes for a rather cranky Mommy and Daddy.  My mom suggested feeding her some rice cereal along with her bottle before bed so that she’ll sleep heavier.  We were holding off on giving her food, but decided to give it a try.  The first night was hilarious, she didn't really understand the concept of a spoon and kept trying to suck it like a bottle.  She was so angry!  By the third night she seemed to get the hang of it.  Wow, it really did the trick!  I haven’t heard a peep from her during the night!  She usually wakes herself up about 15 minutes before I’m ready to get her in the morning… but instead of crying, she just spins around, blows bubbles and talks to herself.  It might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Check out my teeth!

Had to go back to the doctor again on Friday because her rash from last weekend still didn't look better.  We have to switch all her soaps and creams to dye/fragrance free - looks to be clearing up now.


Maggie and I went over Lauren and Brian's house on Thursday for some delicious dinner!  Jamie was having some guys over to practice some songs for the Bennyfit on Saturday, and I wanted to keep Maggie away from all the noise.  We had fun playing together :)

Maggie kept trying to sit up, impressive abs!
Playing with Cuz
We are heading to the Outer Banks in June to vacation with Jody, Ed and Alex, and I am sooooo excited!  I've only been back at work for 3.5 months, but I really need a break… it will be so nice to spend some quality time with Maggie and Jamie (oh, and I guess the rest of my family too)!  Not sure how Maggie will handle the drive, but we’ll probably break it up as much as possible.  I intend to eat ice cream every day on the trip!

Please excuse my bed hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment