Monday, March 23, 2015

This and that

We had a very quiet St. Patrick's Day around our house... definitely not the crazy holiday it used to be!  

Lucky leprechauns 

Maggie was obsessed with her shamrock
headband from Grandma!

We were able to get an appointment with the allergist last Thursday, but it was during the middle of the day.  Jamie picked the short stick and took a couple hours off work to take her in.  I believe he described it as “one of the worst 20 minutes of my life.”  They decided to do a mini scratch test on her leg, which requires her to sit still (or rather, be forced to sit still) with an itchy leg.  In the end, the control substance didn’t work, so the test did not reveal any useful information. 

Seriously?!  Thanks for the torture experiment

Since she had a little cough along with the break-outs, the doctor thinks the break-outs were likely a result of a virus attacking her skin cells rather than a food allergy.  It can happen to kids around this age.  Unfortunately, everything is just a hypothesis and we can only wait and observe.

Checking baby doll's vitals before
the appointment

I went in for my weekly doctor appointment on Friday, and everything still looks good with our little girl!  The doctor said I appear to be dropping a little bit, but not all the way yet.  I'm really trying to treasure every moment with Maggie... I already feel guilty about how much time I will have to devote to her sister; just don't want her to feel neglected.

Are you ready to be a big sister, little one?
Jamie and I went to see “Bob’s Burgers Live” last night while my parents stayed with Maggie.  It was a fun date night out!   We saw a few parents who brought their kids… I imagine they left about 1 minute into the show.  I think my favorite joke of the night was, “…my wife is the only one I’ve been with since getting married… everyone else has been like nines and tens…”

Such a hipster

"Name that Expression" is still one of Maggie's favorite games...







I love my Daddy

Lately Maggie makes us applaud for her so she can take a bow.  It totally cracks us up - I'm guessing Grandma taught her:

No comments:

Post a Comment