Monday, July 27, 2015

Summer Days

Evie is three months old (and a week... I'm a little late on the update)!




Evie had her 3-month checkup early last week, and is doing great.  She weighs 14 lb 11 oz (97%) and is 25 inches (97%). 

It's time for my checkup!

She is a very happy baby, and just loves having conversations with anyone who will listen!  


Evie is getting better at holding onto objects and has turned into a drool monster.   She is still a very chill baby, unless she’s hungry… then watch out!  She doesn’t even ease into it… she will just realize she’s hungry and then scream her head off until food arrives.

Don't mess with me when I'm hungry

...but otherwise we can be friends

I remember it was really easy to get Maggie on a good feeding schedule for nights by this age… Evie stubbornly insists on eating a 1am and 5am every night (well, morning), regardless of how much we feed her or what time we feed her.  It’s not too bad, Jamie and I each take one of the feedings, and she always goes right back to sleep for us.  It's just funny how many little things are different between the two girls.

This weekend we celebrated Luke’s 4th birthday!  Maggie went shopping with Daddy to pick out his gift... and felt the need to test it out:

I don't know, maybe we should keep it and
give him some vegetables instead....

Luke was so excited about his party, which was Ninja Turtle themed!  We had bought tickets to the Michigan Beer Fest before realizing that Luke’s party was the same day, so Jamie went with a buddy while I went to the party with the girls.  I don’t know if he will ever forgive himself for missing a Ninja Turtle party!

Not quite ready to grow up yet

"I'm in my tiny castle"

Maggie had fun with Drew in the pool - he is the most
go-with-the-flow (pun intended) kid I've ever seen!
Nothing bothers him!

Maggie sat still with me for 2 seconds

"What have you done to Donatello?"

Even superheroes need help from their moms

This is one of the best pictures of all time

Make a wish!

All the kids except Evie, because she was busy...

...doing this most of the party

The cake was sooo good, can't go wrong
with confetti!

Busy helping out her bro

Luke got his very first bike!

Maggie was so thrilled to see her cousins, but I think she was a little confused when we left.  She recently spent a whole week with her extended family on vacation, and I think that maybe she thought we were all going to stay together again.  She kept asking where Grammer and Pops were, and she asked if she could see Luke again really soon.

This is our new house, okay?

Afterward we stopped by Lauren and Brian’s house to meet their new baby girl, Brooklyn!  Just three weeks old, and such a little cutie pie.  Evie looked like a giant compared to her!  We only stayed for a few minutes before Evie starting fussing… plus Maggie was in her twilight crazy mood before bedtime.  Hopefully we can visit for a little longer next time!  I was too distracted, forgot to get a picture!

Yesterday I played masses at St. Michael’s while Jamie watched the girls.  Poor guy… it’s pretty hard to do church with the girls when both of us are there.  He was by himself, Maggie kept trying to run down the aisle, and Evie had a giant, stinky, clothes-ruining blowout.  He was rather frazzled by the time I got home in the afternoon!  I on the other hand got to play the piano without someone whining next to me or banging on the keys, and drink coffee in peace between masses while reading a book… it was a mini get-a-way!

Here's some other photos from the week:

Turn down for what?!

Jamie went shopping.  By himself.  With both girls.
I'm too scared to attempt this - pretty impressed!

Jamie and his buddies

Maggie considers herself a very
skilled equestrian
Our punk rock princess:



No comments:

Post a Comment