Monday, September 14, 2015

Labor Day and Dad's Birthday!

I'm a little late on the update, so I'll try to remember what has been going on the past couple weeks... 

Our friends Andy and Katie came to stay with us Labor Day weekend.  I unfortunately came down with a weird fever/virus on Thursday night that left me a bit weak for the weekend... and then Jamie caught it on Sunday when all our friends came over to party and had to lay up in bed the whole time!  It was a weekend of bad timing!  I was a bit distracted and forgot to take photos most of the weekend. Fail!

Breakfast at the Fly Trap - as you can see,
Maggie was soooo excited to be there

Handicap ramp = endless entertainment

Ice cream in the evening with
Maize and Blue sprinkles

Our ice cream place has a little picnic area, and a tiny pathway that leads through some trees/brush.  Maggie likes to go exploring even more than eating her ice cream:


Andy and Katie both like to go running, and Katie promised Maggie that she would take her for a run after she was done.  Maggie had so much fun, and now she wants to run all the time.  Thanks, Katie.  ;)




We celebrated by Dad's 70th birthday this past Friday!  We had a party at my parents' house to celebrate!

Birthday boy and his bride

Dad with his Mom, brothers and sisters

Foosball champion!

These two had fun playing together all night

I think Evie and Claire are going to be gal pals

Happy Birthday, Pops

Goofing around with Claire - we're on pretty good terms now

Evie got to be held all night - she was a happy baby

Jamie went to Kalamazoo with some buddies Saturday night, so I had the kids to myself most of the day and all night. We hung out at the house all day Saturday - it was so wonderful to just spend time with the girls!  It was just what I needed (and them too I think).  We spend so much time rushing around every weekend, and I'm realizing that we need to carve out more time to be together at home.  

I nervously went to church by myself on Sunday with the two girls.  I packed a bunch of snacks and activities, and we made it through with no issues!  I was so proud of Maggie, so we went to the school playground afterward.

My good girl

Burning off some energy

Evie is a grabber!  She wants to touch everything!  She likes to play with her toys, and has fun sitting at her highchair and on the couch (supported by lots of pillows!).

I see you!

About 20 minutes of non-stop focus - love it!

Here's some others from the past weeks:

Love when Daddy brings home Dairy Queen!

Looking for wands




This is Evie at the park with Grandma - the girl loves being outside!




Maggie just started singing this out of the blue - I've never heard the song before, so I'm guessing she learned it at daycare.  It cracked me up!





No comments:

Post a Comment