Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Just keep swimming

2017 started off a little rough for the Donoghues.  I’m a bit behind on the blog, but life has been so hectic that I don’t have many photos to post anyway! 

My brother John came for a quick visit earlier this month, so the family got together for dinner and playtime with the kiddos.

This was a really loud photo moment

More screaming

Little bear in the middle of it all

John with his kids Zach and Katy

Uncle John doesn't like being teased

Tickles with Uncle Bobby

Evie and Claire - climbing buddies
The following week I had really awful cold, possibly the flu?  I had to take a couple days off work, which I really didn’t want to do with all the projects we are trying to finalize at work.  In the middle of that, Jamie’s car stopped working… the mechanic told us it need a new head gasket, and there was a pretty good chance the engine block was cracked and the transmission was spitting out several error codes.  We started freaking out because we owe quite a bit on the car still, and the repair was going to be at least $4k!  Jamie looked around, and ended up finding a really good lease deal that gave us a great price for the trade-in.  In the end, we lost a little money, but it definitely seemed to work out for the best.

Seriously, 2017?

Evie is going through a phase of screaming and I am about ready to lose my mind.  She’s also been battling a cold, which makes her less patient to begin with… any perceived slight results in screams and often tears.  I may have locked myself in the bathroom a few times.

She's also very sweet and happy at times...

Maggie continues to be her sweet self, and her teacher emailed us this story:

This afternoon, Mr. Turk brought a little 3 year old girl and her Dad into the room for a tour because they are looking for a new preschool.  I was explaining the check in procedure, talking about our toys and activities etc. when Maggie said "and I will be her friend".

I can't say I'm surprised---she is friendly and kind to everyone but I just wanted you to know what a sweet girl she is here at school. We are so blessed to have her in our class, modeling all the behaviors we hope to instill.

That was a helpful pick-me-up!
My sweetie and her hot cocoa

Starting now, 2017 is going to get better!  


Maggie sings with Evie as her backup dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment