Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Last Bennyfit

The final Bennyfit was held this weekend in honor of our friend Ben.  Jamie’s band, Karenin’s Smile, was scheduled to play… since they hadn’t played publicly in years, they had a week-long jam session beforehand.  Andy and Will came into town for the week and it was great to see everyone.  We had an impromptu barbecue on Friday when Katie came into town so the guys could play some songs for the kiddos.

Auditioning for the band


When ear protection is larger than your head

Maggie was thrilled to hold baby Andy, and loved how he squeezed her fingers

Attentive fans?

Every guitar solo needs a little tambourine 

Evie on the keys

The Bennyfit went pretty smooth, and Karenin’s Smile was great!  We got to see so many people that night, it was a really great turn-out!

Karenin's Smile

Cali!

After the show, no more pressure!

I got talked into attending a golf outing this week for work… I think the last time I swung a club was when I was a kid and my dad was trying to keep us busy while he practiced at the driving range!  Thankfully Adam met up with us to give me a basic lesson.  I had a few embarrassing swings at the outing, but thankfully most people were drunk and super nice about everything – I even had a few really good shots (golf, not alcohol).

This is an example of good form compared to bad form

Andy’s parents stopped by last weekend to do brunch with Andy and Katie, and dropped off a handmade “eye-spy” quilt.  It has 81 different fabric patterns included so the girls can play eye-spy with it – they love it, and Evie yells at me if I step on it because “it is very special to me.”  I swear, she mimics Maggie’s sayings more than ever!  Mrs. Sandoval is one thoughtful lady!



Some others:

Teaching the girls the importance of voting...
Maggie still thinks the monarchy system is best... because she wants to be a princess

Cousin fun with Grandma!

Maggie's photography

No comments:

Post a Comment