Monday, April 15, 2019

Busy bees

Happy two months, Ben!  Actually, we have all started calling him "Ben Ben" since Evie said it a couple weeks ago - it suits him.  He had his checkup at the doctor and is doing fantastic - 13 lbs (74%) and and 24.75 inches tall (98%).  He is a very happy baby, and I just love our one-on-one coo conversations, especially in the morning.  Last night he went from midnight to 5am without waking up - woo hoo!  Hoping this was not a fluke.

Our little sweetie

Joyful eyes

To remind them how much they love each other when they fight in the future

I go back to work next week, which will be good and bad.  I'll miss my little guy, we've got a pretty tight bond.  I'm a little worried about how to get everyone up, dressed and ready and still get to work on time... but we always seem to figure it out.  Thankfully our moms are willing to watch Ben for the next couple months until Jamie is done for the school year - then we'll start daycare in the fall. 

Evie's 4th birthday is coming up this Friday!  Since it's Good Friday, we decided to throw a friend party this past weekend, and then we'll celebrate with family next weekend.  We invited four of her girl friends from school to paint pottery at the studio downtown.  I'm so glad we kept it small... I remember inviting all of Maggie's friends from school and daycare to her 4th birthday party and it was super overwhelming!  Evie was her shy self, but seemed very content to be with her friends!

Focusing on her rainbow-colored ninja turtle

Happy birthday to you, sweet girl!

Besties!

Look what I can do!

Evie also celebrated at school last Friday and loved her birthday crown:

Looking too grown up

Rocking out at the store after school

We went over to Julie and Ryan's house last weekend.  Our family's are almost completely in sync with two girls the same age, and they are expecting a little boy in the next month! 

Group photos are hard

Take that paci!

An old pro

Treehouse pals!

Jamie and I had a really fun week - we went to see Bon Iver in Detroit on Monday, and then also had tickets to see Hamilton on Thursday!  Fun stuff!  Jamie was unfortunately very busy all last weekend and up until his film festival on Wednesday - I think we're both thankful it's done!

Who doesn't love an unintelligible concert photo?

Jamie's film students

Here's a few others:
Stink eye

Trying to up my pancake game

I'm pretty proud of my "E"

Love these smush faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment