Monday, April 29, 2013

Baptism


Margaret Grace was baptized yesterday at Guardian Angels Church.  I like that they baptize during the Mass instead of afterward at our parish – it really feels like they are welcoming a new member to the community.  I don’t know how we lucked out, but Maggie was a complete angel.  She didn't cry at all during mass, not even when she was dipped into the water!  She had her diaper off for probably 3 minutes, and I was so scared that she would give Fr. Gerry a little surprise.  Thankfully she waited until she was in Mommy’s arms before… well… anyways, it was wet, but not too bad!  We put her in the Rabine christening gown, which is as old as my big brother John (that’s rrrrrreally old!).



After mass we had a luncheon at the house.  Slow’s BBQ catered the food, and I was really happy with the result!  So good!  We got to see most of our family, some close friends, even Erin and Dan!  The only thing that I totally screwed up was taking pictures… I was so busy trying to keep everything running smooth that I forgot to take any family photos!  Epic fail!  I took a few towards the end, but Maggie just wanted to be out of her gown by that point!


Maggie with her godparents


Aunt Amy is my favorite godmother!






Godfather-Uncle-Bobby-Rabine
(GUBR... so we'll just call you
Uncle Goober from now on)
Proud parents!
Ugh, Maggie is not sleeping well anymore.  She wakes up 3 or 4 times each night now, and it’s really starting to drain us.  I think we need to try letting her cry it out… I have a really hard time not going to her, but it’s probably time to start fostering some independence.

Made in Detroit (not technically, but close enough!)
Maggie is getting pretty good at holding her bottle!  She still needs a little guidance from time to time, but she can probably do 90% of the feeding on her own.

Nom nom nom
That’s all my sleep deprived brain can come up with for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment