Saturday, July 27, 2013

Party like a rockstar

We had a fun and busy week with Maggie!  She had fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house a few days this week while Daddy worked at day camp.  This weekend she went to two parties, so I think we'll take it easy and stay around the house tomorrow!

Maggie is all about clapping now, she seems to think it’s a funny joke or something.  I think her giggles are the high-point of my week, they just crack me up!


We had a few sleepless nights this week as another tooth starts to poke through. It’s randomly on the bottom towards the back… I thought her top teeth would come in next, but I guess not!

Maggie's negotiating face

Aunt Amy and Uncle Rex got me my first
 dress from Janie and Jack... so classy!
Jamie and I went to Toys ‘R Us this week to get some presents for today's birthday parties, and I learned just how dangerous it will be to bring him there with Maggie in the future… she would have ended up with 20 different toys if he had his way!

We started the day at Alan and Jillian’s to celebrate Noah’s birthday.  He’s such a little sweetheart!  It was a super-hero themed party, and I had to restrain myself from spending $20 on a Wonder Woman costume for Maggie… so we put on a bib/cape instead!  Maggie had a good time!  

Ace Ventura with Baby Noah

The dudes (Kevin with his 7-week old Owen!)

Maggie slightly jealous of Noah's toy

Maggie's first tat.  She didn't even cry.

Jamie volunteered at the Henry Ford Maker Faire for Ben’s Encore, so he wasn’t able to come to the party.  We worked with the Hemlers all week to build a percussion wall; it was a fun project, but definitely more work than we thought it would be!  Very cool event!

The percussion wall: a parent's worst nightmare
Next we headed over to cousin Luke’s for the big number two (the age, not the bowel movement).  This little one is all grown up!  I’m always so impressed by his willingness to give everyone a hug… he’s going to have like 5 girlfriends at a time when he’s older!  I tried to get some photos of the birthday boy, but he's constantly moving so they were mostly blurry...

Testing the frosting for all of us

Maggie with her new friend Colin

Are you talking to me?

Battling for the cardboard...
note the variety of other available toys in the vicinity

Here's a few other random pics:

So many toys, so little time!

Bedhead

Selfie

In sad news, our little bird Bruce passed away this week.  We think she was trying to hatch an egg and it got stuck inside her.  We had no idea anything was wrong, we felt so guilty.  She was a really sweet little bird, and we miss her.  Jamie made her a little burial box and we buried her in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment