Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Aw shucks, Tigers


Everybody sit down and let me
tell you about the week

My dear husband took a last minute trip to Baltimore with Bobby and my nephew Zach to celebrate his 18th birthday!  It sounded like a fantastic idea (to the guys... us wives were less than thrilled), so they left Michigan at 9pm on Thursday and drove through the night to get to Baltimore for the 12pm game Friday.  I'm too old for trips like that!   Unfortunately the Tigers lost (and again on Sunday), so my husband is in a deep sports depression.  Nevertheless, they had a lot of fun in Baltimore, and we got to celebrate with the birthday boy on Saturday at Grammer and Pops'!

Isn't my nephew handsome?

Andy traveled from NY for the game too!

Zach and his lovely sisters

Maggie loves her cousin Luke, and was thrilled to play with him on Saturday.  My mom and I watched baby Claire while Luke and Allison ran a race, and we got to spend a few minutes with Luke at the house too.  He was sitting on the piano bench, and asked Grammer is she could "put the pretty girl up here," and pointing to Maggie... this guy is such charmer!

Rooting for the Tigers!

Maggie also really loves Clair...
not sure if the feeling is mutual yet

Maggie got to party down with the family during Zach's party:


Making an escape plan?
(Daddy is unsuccessfully trying to put on her PJs)

Several days later, Maggie still loves
wearing her special hat... and no pants

Cousin Sophie sent home some clothes and other stuff for Maggie from Maryland:

Reading her new book with Daddy

Trying on her new hats...
Sadly the Michigan hat just gets laughed at right now

Dare me?

Maggie is becoming quite the drama queen, but usually just with me and sometimes Daddy.  She loves testing her limits with me, which is slightly infuriating, but seems to be normal.  Thankfully she's still a sweetheart for everyone else most of the time... here's a little taste of my diva:

My life is so hard!




No comments:

Post a Comment