Monday, October 27, 2014

Boo!

Halloween will be here soon, and Jamie has been pushing the idea of doing a "Boo" costume (the little girl from Monsters, Inc.).  It's a fairly difficult costume, and we both have a lot on our plates right now, so I told him we should just buy something off the rack that Maggie would like.  Jamie pledged to make the costume himself (while I rolled my eyes)!  This was the goal:


We had to have a costume by Saturday because we had tickets to take Maggie to Zoo Boo.  Jamie came home with material on Wednesday night and borrowed his mom's sewing machine Friday night.  After swearing up and down that I wanted no part of these shenanigans, I decided to help my poor husband get the job done.  With four hands, one sewing machine, lots of fabric, a very helpful YouTube video, some swear words and 5 hours, we got the job done:

Homemade costume - I'm
officially a mom

Considering neither of us knows how to sew, I was pretty darn proud of the end product!  We put it on Maggie the next morning and she was absolutely terrified.  She eventually warmed up to the idea though.  Jamie borrowed the "Sully" costume from a co-worker - this also terrified Maggie at first.

Hugging Sully after a few moments hesitation

We had fun at Zoo Boo with several friends!  Maggie said "trick tree" a few times in the beginning, but eventually she just wanted to play with her candy and bucket.  She was very tired by the time we got home!

I've got my bucket, let's do this!

Can we go get candy now?


Posing with "Mike Wasowski"

She would let us put the hood up for
approximately 2 seconds

Still not having any of that hood...

Apple?  Is there candy inside?

Another family shot

The Odglen trio

I think she's trying to hold Will, but it looks like
she's torturing him!

Inspecting her treasures on the way home

Time for bed?

Maggie's vocabulary continues to grow, and she surprises us everyday with new words.  One of my favorite words is "pockets."  She pronounces it really well, and it's just cute when she points them out.

I gave her a mini cupcake for dessert one night, and she refused
to eat any of it... until she smelled it.  It was gone very quickly.

This was me trying to take a video of Maggie running around, but ended up being her demonstration of how sharing works (in her mind):




I want you to have a good week!

1 comment: