Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Maggie turns 3!

We celebrated Maggie’s 3rd birthday last week!  Jamie and I were both wondering how time has moved to so quickly!  She likes to tell people that she is three years old, but has a really hard time holding up only three fingers, so she usually indicates that she is four instead.

Three years old!

Her actual birthday was Thursday, and we had pancakes for breakfast and opened some presents.

Happy birthday to me!

Grandma stayed with the girls during the day, and gave Maggie her special princess dress and headband!  She also had a mini-party with her best friend Emily the day before, and got to make cupcakes!

I'm a princess!

When's my birthday?!

Dance party

Very serious about the sprinkle to
frosting ratio

After work, Jamie took Maggie to see "Foley" the school bus!  Maggie is so intrigued by school busses, and the chance to ride on one got her really excited.  The original plan was for the bus driver to take Maggie for a little ride, but sadly the bus broke down beforehand!  So they only got to go and look inside the bus.  Maggie said, "we went to see Foley but he is sick and he has to go to the doctor."

Maggie was very nervous about being in the driver's seat

I love my daddy

We went out to Red Robin for dinner while Grandma kindly watched Evie.  Maggie had two bites of her hamburger and then ate her entire (adult-sized) birthday sundae to the last drop!

Tastes like happiness

How every woman really wants to eat ice cream

Evie and Maggie playing with some new toys:



We had a Tinkerbell-themed birthday party at the house on Saturday.  I told myself I would never be one of those crazy moms who needs a theme for every event... I lied.  My name is Holly, and I am a crazy mom.

I made tinkerbell socks (green socks with little puff balls on the end), fairy bell necklaces and fairy wings for all the kids.  I also had some pirate hats and foam swords for anyone who didn't want to be a fairy.  Most kids were a little too young for everything, but I know Maggie enjoyed it!  They decorated fairy houses in the basement with stickers, glitter (I may re-think that idea next time) and feathers.  We even had a visit from Tinkerbell and her buddy Serena (the pirate fairy) thanks to two of Jamie's really sweet co-workers!  Aunt Amy made a custom birthday shirt for Maggie (check out her Etsy shop!).

Showing Luke how to flutter

Checking out her tinkerbell cake - made by one of
Jamie's former students!  Amazing (and tasty)!

Forcing Uncle Jason to be a horse


Checking out her gifts with Kate

All the tiny people took over the dining room table...
sorry adults...

Making fairy houses with Tinkerbell


Feeling pretty special

Kids are great at posing for photos

Tinkerbell and Serena!

Here, Grandma, let me fix your hat

Ahoy.

Maggie got a Power Wheel from Grandma
and Grandpa - which is nicer than my car

Baller.

Who needs a car when you have a box!

Tough girls

Enjoying her birthday song

The party was a little chaotic in our little house, but it was a fun time!

Evie came down with a fever the night of the party, but seems to be back to her normal self today.  I have a lovely little stomach bug keeping me home from work ... at least it waited until after the party to take over my life.

In other news...
Evie has learned the joys of bath time.  We were giving her baths in the small tub that fits over our sink, but she would use her hands and feet to splash water EVERYWHERE!  The front of me was usually soaked by the end of the bath!  She is so spirited, it just makes me laugh.  I remember Maggie used to love having baths, and would lay there calmly while I gently washed her, and also when I put the lotion on.  It was a sweet little quiet time for us.  Evie and I share a lot of laughs over bath time, and it totally wakes her up!

I experimented with both kids in the tub together this weekend, and it worked out great!  I get a little nervous about Evie because she is still pretty young, but I keep a close eye on her.  It is pretty darn adorable to see the two sisters in the tub together (though Maggie insists on sitting in the shallower end because she thinks she will "fall down the drain").

This is how Maggie likes to watch her shows now
Maggie has noticed all the Christmas lights when we drive around.  During October, there were a lot of Halloween lights up, and so we would also say, “oooh, spooooky” when driving by.  Now Maggie thinks all exterior lights are “spoooooky” and says so whenever she sees them.  Then she laughs and says, “I mean, they are pretty!”

Maggie’s latest saying is, “it’s fine,” which I’m sure she adopted from me.  Like when I ask if she has to go potty – “no no, Mama, it’s fine.”

Just a little night-time reading





No comments:

Post a Comment