Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Barf-fest 2015

Last week was a rough one...  I ended up with 5 days of the stomach flu, and everyone else in the house got a touch of it throughout the week.  I have learned the magical powers of baking soda.  I have also given up on the not-so-magical powers of the flu shot, since I seem to get the flu every year regardless.


Helping Evie feel better

Pajamas all day

Maggie had a couple doctor appointments last week.  On Monday she went to see the orthopedist for her regular foot check-up.  Her feet look good, but the doctor found that she now has hip dysplasia and there’s a good chance that she will need surgery.  He wants to watch it for a year, and then decide what to do.   We’re both pretty concerned about this – surgery is obviously a scary thing to put your kid through, and I’m worried she will always have hip issues, arthritis, etc. as she ages.  So maybe you can say some prayers for our little girl?

It's all good, sis

Maggie also went in for her 3-year checkup at the pediatrician, and was a very good patient.  She weighs 37.5 lb and is 38” tall.  The doctor said we should be extra careful with her weight as she gets older, because extra weight will obviously make hip issues worse.

Best picture ever?

Evie is a champ in her little helmet.  She hardly sweats anymore, and only gets annoyed when I have to put it back on after a break.  She was so cute last night – I was holding her on my lap after bath time with her helmet off, just goofing around.  She kept on leaning forward to rub her head on me, nuzzling obsessively just like a bear.  Now I make sure to rub her head all over when the helmet comes off, and give her lots of kisses all over the forehead – she loves it!

'Sup

This is a picture of Evie sleeping.  It is really creepy - she often sleeps with her eyes partly open:

I'm just resting my eyes


In other news, my husband is a (very lovable) dork:

This is not the husband you are looking for

Telling Daddy a secret

Teaching Maggie how to sew.  In a princess crown.
That's a good grandma!

That darn pacifier is so hard to keep control of:



See you next week, suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment