Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pink Eye

It finally happened. Pink eye. 

The little patient

We got a call from Evie’s daycare on Monday afternoon, saying pink eye had been going around and it looked like she had it.  It was too late to make an appointment with her pediatrician, so I took her to the after-hours clinic at Beaumont.  Ugh.  2.5 hours in waiting room full of cranky, sick, germ-spewing kids.  We finally were seen, and she ended up with an ear infection and pink eye.  I dragged my exhausted little girl to the pharmacy to get her meds, and finally got her home by 10pm.  She was a very good girl throughout it all, and I think she enjoyed having my undivided attention for so long.

Taking selfies to kill time  (I had 97 selfies
on my phone by the end of the night)

More of Evie's
photographic work

Finally made it to an exam room!

Minnie was tired, passed out.

Now we are in total disinfection-mode, and praying Maggie doesn’t get it (or us)!  I have to say, it really isn’t as bad as all the hype.  She’s a little goopy-eyed, and will be fine in 24-hours.  Maggie calls it Purple Eye.


Jamie has been working so hard to finish the set for Bishop Foley’s play this coming weekend.  They did the Wizard of Oz, and the sets turned out awesome!  Maggie went to help Jamie with the sets while I took Evie to Beaumont, and Maggie was completely mesmerized by the actors and the music.

 I let Maggie paint her nails for the first time this weekend - she was pretty geeked:

Mama's manicure

Check me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment