Friday, November 1, 2019

Halloween 2019

Halloween - so many events... we did Trunk or Treat at the girls' school on Friday, then they did an outing in St. Clair Shores with Grandma over the weekend, then they did Safe Halloween at Foley on Monday.  Actual Halloween was gross, cold and rainy, so I guess it's good that they got some other trick-or-treating action!

Maggie and Jamie both wanted to be ghostbusters this year, so we made Ben the Stay-Puft man (his chubby physique made the choice pretty obvious).  I didn't have much time to put anything together, so Jamie drew a building on posterboard for me so that it looked like Ben was climbing the building... he's a creative guy.  Evie had zero interest in a themed family costume, and opted to be Captain Marvel.  Both my girls chose to be tough chicks and it made me happy!

Who ya gonna call? 
Vicious Marshmallow Man



Captain Marvel here to save the day!

Jamie was in charge of face painting at Trunk or Treat

I think Maggie really enjoyed being so tough

Mini-me

My two favorite guys

So much candy.  Where to go first?

Evie and Brooklyn at the classroom party

All three kids did a sleepover at Grandma's on Saturday so Jamie and I could go to a party... the party was fun, but sleeping in was truly amazing.  I actually slept until 11am, haven't done that since high school!  I think my brain and body needed that!

Pumpkin painting at Grandma and Grandpa's

Apple

We did some last-minute pumpkin carving on Wednesday, not too shabby!

Maggie did all her own carving this year!

Evie had a little help, did a pretty good job!

Maggie's pumpkin

Evie's pumpkin

Gee I wonder whose pumpkin this is...
Self-portrait

Halloween was gross, so the girls spent about 20 minutes outside and then had fun passing out candy for the rest of the night.  Ben came down with a little cold, so his Halloween night consisted of a warm bath and lot of snuggles.

First year Evie was super pumped about this, she's a runner!

Gotta go

Our friend Mike generously gave us a few free tickets to see Disney on Ice at LCA.  We took the girls and one of Maggie's friends for a fun afternoon downtown!

Girl hang

She really wanted to hold Ben Ben

Sweet Suite

Some others:
Hanging in Daddy's class

Evie loves Jamie's new school because they are the
Huskies, and she thinks the paw prints are for Blues Clues

Sweet little ballerina

Relaxing after a long day
  
I'll never get tired of those rolls

Hollywood girl



No comments:

Post a Comment