Monday, May 18, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

It was an odd Mother's Day this year, but still a nice one.  I took the girls to visit my parents' new house on Saturday.  It looks great with all the painting and finish upgrades they've added!  The girls had a blast running through the empty house and exploring.  Sadly I was not smart enough to take any pictures...

Sunday I was able to sleep in and shower uninterrupted, and then Jamie picked up breakfast from my favorite spot!  We watched church and relaxed most of the day.  Later we went to visit Jamie's mom which was really nice.

Didn't get a picture with all of my babies that day... 2/3?

My favorite gift of the day - Getty Challenge comparisons

Jamie made me a Michigan mask!

...and also swindled the car dealers to get me a new lease at a great price!

Dwight from The Office - thanks Maggie!
Well the dance recital date came and went.  We did not dwell on it too much.  Since we already paid for the costumes, their teacher dropped them off.  No joke, the girls wore these for two days straight... at which point I hid them so my neighbors would not judge me.  It was like 50 degrees outside, and they were running around without jackets; eh, picking my battles.


Doing their "negative space" art project for the week

Finished product
Loves my new car

Forcing her to wear a sweater against her will

We celebrated Grandma's birthday on Friday, and it was great to see everyone.  Her big gift from Dad was a trip to Disney planned for December.  We are all planning to go at the same time - hoping it doesn't get cancelled!

Socially distant gifts

Ready for some grub!

Just chilling

Very curious about each other

Ben had to go in for his 15-month check up visit.  He is doing very well, about 90th percentile for everything.  Our big boy is 26 lb 3 oz, and 32.5 inches tall.  He's met all the milestone except we need to work more on body parts... he really doesn't care where my nose is at the moment.

Buddha baby

Trying to escape under the gate... got stuck

Here's some others:

Hair is getting real long in this house

Time to work

Park day with Daddy

My first try at baked kibbeh... Jamie said it was good

Getting ready to drive to Yates for some cider and donuts

The look she gives before attacking her prey.

Love these two

Surprisingly fond of the hat

"Evie, smile!"

Ya'll come back now!


No comments:

Post a Comment