Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Summer winds down

It's that time of year again, getting ready for a new school year!  We made the difficult decision to move the girls to Royal Oak Schools this year.  We will definitely miss GA, but think this is the best path forward.  We toured their new grade school this afternoon, and were really impressed!   They take COVID very seriously, everything was clean and organized, really great facilities, and the girls fully approved of the playgrounds (and they get lockers!).  I'm happy they will be in a building with air conditioning!

This is actually at Jamie's high school - he helped make the wings!

Jamie started his back-to-school staff meetings and room set up this week - everyone's first day is next Tuesday!

We've been relaxing and enjoying our backyard a bunch.  All the kids are doing awesome with the water.  Evie went from being terrified to stand in the shallow end to swimming into the deep end in like one week!  Ben is timid with the water, but really enjoys holding onto the edge and working himself around the perimeter.  He thinks blowing bubbles is hilarious.

This pool makes me sooo happy

The boys

Enjoys my creepy I'm-going-to-eat-you face?

Two birds of a feather... or fish of a scale?

Watching over baby Marigold

We thoroughly enjoyed having the Rabine cousins over one day!
(we also had the Odglen's over later, but I'm dumb and didn't get photos)

Making some cookies with Mama 
(specifically so she could lick the beaters)

Katie came over to play one day


Maggie making strawberry shortcake

Beaver, squirrel or otter?  The debate rages on...
(definitely a squirrel though, right?)

One thing all my kids will eat - noodles.

Jamie and I celebrated 11 years of marriage with steak and
a monstrous dessert

Ben used to fear the dinosaur, they have come
to terms now

Last game with my Royal Oak soccer ladies!

Last game with my Utica team!

I brought my American Girl Doll collection out of storage.
I can't believe how obsessed the girls are! (for now, we'll
see if it lasts)

Our attempt to create Oobleck after watching it on TV:


Super proud day when Evie started jumping off the diving board:


Maggie loves a good cannonball:

No comments:

Post a Comment