Sunday, March 16, 2014

Teeth


I jinxed myself last week... I though the molar battle was finished, but it has only just begun!  I think it's supposed to mean something when you dream about teeth (anyone else have dreams about their teeth falling out?), but all week I've been having dreams about Maggie's molars instead.  They are literally the most boring thing to dream about, but I can't make it stop!  I'm starting to wish they would turn into cute little characters that tell me about the future.

Look into my crystal ball

Maggie has been really cranky all week, and has been up a lot during the night.  She's harder than ever to get down for naps and bedtime.  I think it started as molar pain, but now she's just spoiled because we were coming every time she cried.  We're trying to get back to a normal routine, I think we're making progress.

Anyway, as a result of lackluster sleep, I went to church with one black boot and one brown today.  What's sadder is that I didn't even notice until I was home.  Maybe this week will be better?!

Enough whining from me, Maggie has been spectacular at all other times!  She's walking only holding one of our hands now instead of both, and seems to be a little more sure-footed.

I was playing the piano this week, and she came over to try and play with me.  When I wouldn't stop to pick her up, she went over to her mini piano to play a duet... we still need a little practice.

She likes to sing "la la la" and every now and then wants to hug and kiss for several minutes.  Totally the best part of my week.  Here's our little gymnast:




I'm still getting used to my new job, but feeling a lot more settled than when I started a couple weeks ago.  I absolutely LOVE being in Royal Oak.  I can just take a walk around the city to clear my head, and there's so many options for lunch (though I'm trying to limit it to once or twice a week).

Jamie and I went to Lily's Seafood on Friday for an unexpected date (we planned to grab a pizza, and changed our mind at the last minute).  Maggie was a champ while we ate some delicious food, and she even tried the muscles!  I generally dislike seafood, but hopefully I won't pass that on to her.  Afterward we discovered a new fro-yo place with a ridiculous amount of topping options and yogurt flavors.  It was a really fun family outing!

mmm, seafood

Looking forward to St. Patty's day tomorrow (gosh, a name like Maggie Donoghue is going to get her in so much trouble in college...) and a extra fun outing next week - more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment