Sunday, March 2, 2014

Clever Title

This week we were happy to welcome home Grammer and Pops from Florida, and also Aunt Amy and Uncle Rex!  Bummer that they had to come home to this yucky weather!

Welcome home, suckers!

Maggie is becoming a wonderful little Catholic.  I don't want to jinx anything, but our last 3 or 4 outings to church have been very successful - we haven't had to leave the pew!  She really loves to flirt with the people behind us, and the pew benches are the perfect height for her to lean against.  When I cantor Jamie likes to sit near the piano with Maggie.  She loves to watch Miss Debbie play, eat cheerios, feed cheerios to her baby doll and play peek-a-boo.

Our priest gave a really good homily today, preaching about how no matter what terrible things you've done, God will always love you.  I've heard similar teachings in the past, but it really struck a chord with me today. Now that I'm a parent, it's easier to grasp - No matter how bad Maggie screws up in the future (not that she will), I can't imagine not loving her - it feels impossible.  It's reassuring to know God feels the same way, except even stronger.  Clearly I'm not meant to be a preacher, I just wanted to share this idea.

Her catalogue look - Tyra would be proud

Tyra might be less proud of this look...

Grammer and Pops came over to visit with us today, which was a special treat (although Pops is mysteriously missing from all the photos).  Maggie had a great time getting loads of attention and snacking on Grammer's sweets.

Let me tell you all the gossip since you've been gone

I wrote this song for you, Grammer!

Not a gingerbread house, Maggie...

Jamie and I were horsing around with Maggie this afternoon, and started a tickle-fight.  She normally tickles us back, but today she just started tickling herself instead... it cracked us up.

Jamie has been insanely busy these past couple weeks.  He is in charge of set design for Bishop Foley's musical (Anything Goes) and is also doing all the marketing flyers/ads for the Hamtramck Music Fest (because Ben's Encore is sponsoring the event).  Both events take place next weekend, so he is in total burn-out mode!  I can't wait to have our evenings together back!

Tomorrow is my first day at my new job.  I feel like I should be nervous or anxious, but for some reason I'm not freaking out... maybe it just hasn't hit me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment