Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas!

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!  We've been a bit busy having fun around here, and I figured it's time to finally try to compile all the photos we took these past couple weeks.  It is daunting.  I might quit early.


Christmastime!

On December 23, Amy and Rex were able to finalize the adoption process for baby Will!  He is officially stuck with us!  The original plan for finalization was scheduled for a few months from now, so moving up the date was a very special Christmas present for all of us.  The whole family joined them at the courthouse to witness the very special event.  Maggie was not very cooperative, so we had to miss most off it so she could play with the water fountain in the hallway.  We all have our priorities.

Officially a family!

Family!

On Christmas Eve, we continued our tradition of heading to Frankenmuth to visit Santa, shop at Bronner's and eat a lot of food at the Bavarian Inn.  Maggie was rather frightened of Santa when we started decorating the house this year, but by Christmas Eve, she was ready to meet the big guy.  She was actually crying because she had to wait for the other kids in front of her.  I'm really trying to work on the concept of patience with her... still working on it.  She was thrilled to sit with Santa, though she didn't say a whole lot to him.


Why can't I see him now?!

Look at my pretty dress, Santa

He said I could have peas for
Christmas! Woo hoo!

The Donoghues

Christmas morning we woke up and went downstairs for presents and bread pudding!  Maggie had fun opening her presents, though her favorite seemed to be her new basketball hoop.  She also really loved the new bedding we got for her upcoming "big girl bed" and insisted on immediately testing it out on the floor.


All this frivolity has left me weary

Loves playing doctor with her dolls

Learning about colors

We went to church at 10am and Maggie was excited about her shiny black shoes and her special cross necklace from Amy (I only let her wear it for special days). She was not the picture of Christmas peace, so she and Daddy had some special bonding time in the back.

Afterward we went over to the Donoghues, changed into pajamas, and opened presents with the family.  Maggie was running a fever by the afternoon and was pretty tired out... understandably - it had been a few very busy days for my little one!  She took a nap with me upstairs, which might have been my favorite part of Christmas this year.  She's just so sweet when she's sleeping.  When she woke up, she quietly sat up and I could feel her just staring at me.   Seeing that she wasn't going back to bed, I opened my eyes to this adorable little girl grinning quietly from ear to ear, who started giggling.  It's just too cute.

I'm here!  Let's do presents!

Hanging with Grandma

We celebrated later in the week with my side of the family, and my sister Jody was in town with her family (though you wouldn't know it from my lack of pictures - sorry Jo!)!  Maggie loved playing with her cousins Izzy and Emily as she doesn't usually hang out with girls around her age.  She really missed her cousin Luke though (sorry, Claire, you just haven't made the list yet).  I'm pretty sure she thinks he lives with Grammer and Pops because she asks for him every time I tell her that's where we are going.

Izzy knows all about how to pose

Maybe a few years before you're ready for the
family Foosball Tournament, Maggie

Cracker, Pops?

Let's go!

Check out my new stool (not the poop kind)

About half the grandkids

Unfortunately the Rabine family was super sick throughout all of Christmas, and baby Claire even ended up in the hospital for a few days with RSV and pneumonia.  Thank God, they are all back home now, though still recovering.  I'm sure this is one Christmas they won't forget!

For Uncle Justin's birthday, we did a beer tasting party at our house for a bunch of his friends.  I think it was pretty successful, though the party tends to be a lot less interesting when you can't try all the beers!  I made a bunch of food, so that compensated somewhat!

Happy Birthday, Justin
(sorry for the bad photo)

We didn't do much for New Years' Eve, just had dinner with the Donoghues and then headed home.  Jamie was feeling pretty terrible, and we were both in bed early. 

Cousin love

Happy New Year!

We had more fun on New Years' Day - Maggie went to Grandma's for a sleepover with cousin Will so Jamie and I could have a nice date night.  We went out for a nice dinner and then rented "The Interview" in a moment of patriotic fervor (actually a rather funny movie).

We've had a lot of quality time together this week, and had some fun outside with Maggie.  We found a stray cat sitting on someone's porch during our walk, and Maggie really wanted to stop and chat for a while:


Airplane!

What's the password?

We have a few more days until we go back to work, and a whole list of goals still unfinished!  Jamie is currently working on painting Maggie's new room, and I am working on finishing some chocolate cake while Maggie naps.  It's a tough life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment