Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Brrrr

We had a very snowy Sunday/Monday in Michigan!  It was not fun getting out of the driveway (and back into it) on Monday, but shoveling is good exercise, right?  Jamie came down with a rough stomach bug yesterday, so after all the effort of getting myself to work, I had to come home at lunch and take care of Maggie so he could rest.  Thankfully he had a snow day yesterday and today, so no missed work!  Our neighbors' son use his mega snowblower to take care of our driveway - thank God!  I could barely handle digging out the car and porch, and Jamie was in no condition to even stand up.

We had some fun in the snow Sunday though!

I can't believe all this snow!

Making her first snow angel!

Trying to look at her first snow angel
Getting pulled by Daddy:



Daddy getting pulled by Maggie:



The other big news for the week is that we moved Maggie into her big-girl room this weekend.  She started Sunday with a nap, and did pretty well.  We decided to keep going and put her in there for bedtime as well the past couple nights.  She definitely has a harder time falling asleep, and struggles to flip over while under the covers with her braces.   We have had to lay next to her on the floor for a little while until she falls asleep.  Last night I tried to leave while she seemed to be dozing… that back-fired.  I think she felt really abandoned because I spent the next hour+ outside her door, reassuring her I was there until she finally fell asleep.  I think we’re on the right track, it’s just going to take some patience and time.  I’ll post pictures of the finished room once we get the final touches done.

Terrible picture of the monitor showing
my big girl in bed

We made jello jigglers after her first nap to celebrate


Pretty soon she'll be able to drive...
getting some practice in at Home Depot

Daddy, I told you I was going to wear the flowery bow today!

No comments:

Post a Comment