Sunday, April 13, 2014

Zippidty ZOO da

Today we went to the zoo since it was so warm outside.  It was the first t-shirt Maggie's worn since last summer!  It was more fun this time because she was actually interested in all the animals.  Her favorite today were the flamingos... although if I'm being honest, she was probably most excited about the squirrels.  She had fun looking at all the kids and sitting on Daddy's shoulders.

Flamingos!

Trying to communicate with Brown Bear

Black Bear

Checking out the farm animals

Be good or I'll toss you in!

Here's us taking a distracted walk together:


Our dear friend Brian was ordained as a deacon yesterday, and we were able to attend his first mass in Grosse Pointe.  He did a great job with the homily, I'm sure he'll be a great priest, just one more year!  We got to see some old friends and eat a yummy dinner while Grammer and Pops stayed at home with Maggie.

Deacon Brian!
I was so nervous that Maggie would be difficult about eating dinner and going to bed for my parents, but apparently she did everything without any fuss.  You'd think they had raised like four kids...

On our way home we stopped at Aunt Jane's house to pick up some hand-me-downs from our cousin Betsy (she has two adorable girls).  I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw how many clothes she had for us!  It feels like I won the lottery!

Yup, that's 8 bags of fashionable girlie clothes!

I was feeling domestic this weekend (by which I mean I felt like eating some homemade sweets), so I decided to make an old recipe I have for bundt cake.  When I took it out of the oven, I couldn't remember if I should let it cool before flipping, or flip it right away.  If I would have just thought for like 2 seconds, I would have done this the right way...

Definitely let it cool first...

Jamie's school participates in "Be the Difference Day" every year, which is a day for the students to go out into the community and volunteer with various groups.  Jamie worked with several of his art students to pain a mural at the local animal shelter.  I was so impressed with what they were able to accomplish in one day!  Very proud of my husband!




We're looking forward to Easter and Daddy's birthday next weekend!

1 comment: