Monday, October 13, 2014

No!

Ugh, I'm so tired of hearing the word "no" from my daughter!  It really doesn't matter what I want her to do, the answer is pretty much always the same.  Getting her ready every morning has gone from our fun, cuddly time to non-stop whining.  Don't even get me started on doing her hair!  Every morning usually ends with tears.  

Today we had about 10 minutes of non-stop sobbing when Jamie got home because she didn't want to get out of the car... she forced her way out of his arms so she could writhe on the ground for a while!  She may have a touch of drama in her...




What drives me nuts is that she doesn't do this to anyone else except Jamie and me.  She's well-tempered and usually pretty cheerful with everyone else.  This makes me think that she's testing her boundaries, but what she's really testing is my patience!  I'm hoping this is a quick phase - in the meantime, I'm trying to come up with constant distractions to keep us away from tantrum-territory.

This is Maggie before we had to leave to run an errand.  She's playing a sad melody to express her feelings.

I got the mommy-makes-you-do-
stuff-you-don't-wanna-do blues

Our Farmer's Market has a food-truck rally once a month, and we went to check it out this week.  It was slightly pricey, but our food was really great!  They had a bounce-house and Maggie wanted to go in sooo bad.  She was still running a bit of a fever from a cold, so I didn't want her to get her germs all over the place.  Needless to say, she didn't not understand my reasoning.  But there's nothing that a few doughnuts won't solve:

Can I have ALL the doughnuts?

Carry me, Daddy, I'm too weak to go on

One of Maggie's favorite activities is have a tea party with the tea set from Grandma.  We set everything up, and she spoon feeds her stuffed animals and me with a disturbing amount of imaginary sugar and cream.  I love watching her imagine things.


Let me top you off!

1 comment:

  1. isn't it exhausting to have to constantly think up distractions to avoid a bad reaction? I'm told it gets better at 4.5yrs. :)

    ReplyDelete