Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Maggie Turns 2!

This week we celebrated Maggie's 2nd birthday!  Hard to believe we are here already!

Two suckers!  Does this mean
three suckers next year?

On her birthday, we decided to fix up a section of the basement as a little playroom for Maggie.  By "we decided," I mean Jamie had the idea to do all this, and I sort of rolled my eyes because I thought it wouldn't work out.  I went to bed early on Tuesday night, and when I awoke on Wednesday, Jamie had put cushy mats, a chalkboard, two activity tables, an easel, a swing, a mini-tent and lots of princess wall decals in her special area. I was pretty impressed!  So was Maggie!




I see you!
Look at all the princesses!!

Trying on her new princess outfit

We had a nice quiet birthday with Maggie on Wednesday, with some cake and a couple presents.  I don't think she comprehended that it was her birthday, but she enjoyed all the attention!

On Saturday we had both sides of the family over to celebrate.  Maggie was overwhelmed with presents!  The poor thing just wanted to play with her new things, but we kept making her open new presents.  She was pretty wiped out by the end of the night, but had a great time, especially with her cousin Luke.  She's normally all about holding the babies, but as soon as Luke is around, she can focus on nothing else!  She will literally do whatever Luke tells her to... so we have watch them a little carefully!

Here's the end of our birthday song... as a family, we really try to get as much dissonance as possible into the song:



Jamie's student is starting her own cake business, and created this awesome cake for Maggie!  It tasted delicious too!

Eat the princess!




Maggie has been playing with all her new toys nonstop!


Whipping up some dinner in her kitchen - her favorite things
to "make" are chicken and cake

Can I offer you some?

Putting multiple babies to sleep

ugh, the work never ends! Time to iron!

Enjoying her new sleeping bag - she
likes to snuggle in it for a few
minutes each day


I'm outta here!

Sunday we all slept in a little bit, and then went to church where Maggie was a very good girl.  She was very cuddly and quiet... so I assumed she was sick.  We were good most of the day, even went to the Ben's Encore chili cook-off (Jamie and his brother snagged second place with their uber-spicy lamb & bacon chili!).  However, after dinner we were all sitting on our new couch, and she hurled all over the place.  My poor baby was so confused, she didn't understand what happened!  We both worked a half day Monday so she could skip daycare and rest up.  She seems to be doing much better, just a little bit cranky (who isn't after all the partying and fun is over?).

Maggie is getting more and more phrases into her vocabulary.  Some of my favorite new phrases are "come on" and "just try it," which are so clearly imitations of us.  She also has started saying "ummm" when she doesn't know the answer to something, which is pretty cute.  Every morning when she wakes up she calls herself a princess.  I think I hear the word "princess" more than any other word lately!

If I stare hard enough, will
you turn into a sucker?

No comments:

Post a Comment