Thursday, January 28, 2016

All about Evie

9 months, no big deal





Evie has reached the 9-month mark, and is doing just great!  She had her pediatrician check-up and is now 22 lb, 11 oz and 30 inches tall.  She loves to practice walking while holding our hands, rolling all over the place, investigating anything she can get her hands on, babbling and cooing, and playing with her big sister.

My happy little girl

I don't know what is happening here...
I'm a little frightened
We also had Evie's helmet checked last week, and she is now down to 3mm differential!  She started at 10mm, and the goal is to get to 2 mm (though 0mm is the best possible result).  One more month and we’re done with this thing, woop woop! 

Evie is such a curious baby, and she often ends up falling forward or backward while trying to reach something.  It’s been no big deal with the helmet to protect her, but I think she now has a false sense of protection.  We will have to be more watchful when the helmet is gone!

Hoodlums

In other news, my mom came over this past weekend to teach me how to use my sewing machine.  We went over all the basics, and she taught me how to read a pattern – “a very simple one” she says.  My mom is a liar!  There is no such thing as a simple pattern!  I finally gave up (temporarily) after sewing the neck-line shut.  Maybe I’ll try again this weekend…  I’m pretty sure whatever I end up with (it’s supposed to be a dress for Maggie), my daughter is going to look like a hot mess.  

It might look like this

Hanging out with "her horse" Sandy

I love my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment