Friday, June 3, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a really fun Memorial Day weekend!  I wish every weekend was 3 days – it’s enough time to do lots of fun stuff and still get all the boring chores/tasks done.

Out for a stroll

Who wants to party!

The girls enjoyed the St. Clair Shores parade with Grandma, Will and Aunt Amy.  Dairy Queen was right across the street from our spot, so Jamie and I scooted through a gap in the parade to grab some ice cream… I’m pretty sure this is frowned upon, but was totally worth it!

Look, more candy!

Hanging with Grandma

Cousin fun!

Pool just got filled, and Maggie somehow convinced
Daddy to go swimming in the ice-cold water

We’ve had some awesome weather, and spent a lot of time outside playing.  Grandma even blew up the girls’ swimming pool to play in this week!

Taking a dip

Evie isn't really walking yet, but she technically took her first steps this past Sunday at Grandma's house (though it was more of a step-step-fall thing)!  We tried to capture it, but not quite:


Life is really good right now.  Jamie is almost done with work for the summer, woo hoo!  Both girls are doing really well and are the best source of entertainment (followed closely by Game of Thrones).

My favorite time of day with Evie is when I wake her in the mornings for her bottle.  She sleepily pulls herself up in the crib and just snuggles on my shoulder for a minute.  It’s a really quiet and peaceful part of the day, best part of the morning for sure!

Evie needs a coffee to get her day started right
(just kidding, I swear!)

I really love bedtime with Maggie.  We cuddle in her bed for a few minutes, and she always has something silly to say.  We like to pick our favorite thing from the day, and I usually try and tell Maggie something she did to make me proud.  We sing songs and then when I try to extricate myself from the room, she begs me to rub her back for one more minute before leaving. 

Jamie has a few bedtime songs that he uses with Maggie - here's her rendition of Golden Slumbers:


I’m going to miss these moments when they grow up!


Eat ya heart out!
  
Evie really hates when Maggie tries to
prevent her from moving

My sweet girl before bedtime

Duet
 
Queen of the mulch


Walking through one of my construction projects,
testing out the wall


No comments:

Post a Comment