Thursday, July 7, 2016

'Merica!

We had a fun weekend celebrating Grandpa’s birthday and America’s also!

God bless America!

Since he is the maestro of fish, we thought it would be fun to go to the aquarium at Great Lakes Crossing with Grandpa and the girls.  It was our first time, and we were pretty impressed!  Maggie really enjoyed all the exhibits, and surprisingly, Evie was really interested too!  

In a bubble

Evie loved when the stingrays swam by

Eel!  One of my favorite parts of the exhibit

Lego Giraffe, because, why not?


Petting starfish

Grandpa dropping some knowledge!

Can I go in?

We had a tasty dinner at the Donoghues, and Maggie stayed up until 10pm partying (I took Evie home early – she gets pretty grouchy when she’s tired)!

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

Wiggly grandkids

Hanging with Aunt Amy

First time in the sandbox - no sand in the mouth!

Sunday we had an impromptu picnic with Grammer, Pops and the Rabine clan.  We had a lovely time hanging out together.  Baby Sarah cracks me up – she crawls everywhere, body limbs do not stop her!  She and Evie were feeling each other out most of the time.


Double Bubble Trouble 

Pillow chain




Helping Evie get around

Miss independent

I'm hot and cranky

It's not a party til someone gets naked

I played masses at St. Michael's this weekend, so my family came to 11:30 mass.  Maggie likes to sit next to me on the piano bench, and is very good about being quiet and still.  At one point, she snuck her head under my arm (while playing) so she could lay on my lap.  It was hard not to laugh into the mic!

Cuddle bug
Flower girl

Evie is still starting to walk on her own, just barely.  She will walk 3 or 4 steps between me and Jamie, but otherwise she needs to hold on to something.  In an effort to move things along, I have pretty much stopped carrying her anywhere, so she is doing a lot more walking holding onto my fingertip.  

When Maggie was a baby, she used to crawl under the dining room table to... commune with nature... in a stinky way.  This past week Evie started doing the exact same thing.  Gotta have some privacy!

Please stop talking about my bowel movements



No comments:

Post a Comment