Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Girls Weekend!

Jamie went up north all weekend for a bachelor party, so it was just us girls!  Not going to lie, I was dreading this weekend a little bit, but we actually had a really great time together!  Saturday we had swim lessons at Goldfish.  I was able to watch Maggie part of the time, but Evie kept me busy running around the lobby area!  She just loves her walking independence, though her bashfulness around strangers keeps her running back to me most of the time. 

Afterward we went to the Farmers Market so I could get my knives sharpened (as Jamie predicted, I cut myself within a few minutes of use later that night).  Maggie also helped me pick out some flowers for the house - they had some really beautiful bouquets, and I couldn’t resist for only $5! 

Peanut butter jelly time!

I'm trying to eat, Mom.
We spent the rest of Saturday cleaning the house and doing laundry.  The girls are pretty good at playing independently while I get things done.  Maggie even likes to help… though it usually means she takes whatever cleaning utensil I have and plays around for a few minutes.  It’s ok, I don’t mind the break!

Somehow playing cards together

Sunday we went to church… the girls got new dresses from Grandma, and Maggie couldn’t wait to wear hers!  We spent most of the time in the back of church because Evie just can’t sit still in the pew right now.  I remember Maggie going through a phase like this, and I’m hoping it doesn’t last long!  Even though she was a bit rambunctious, Evie was so adorable strutting around everywhere and playing with Maggie.  For the first time that I’ve noticed, Maggie was showering Evie with hugs and kisses.  She is always kind to Evie, but I haven’t seen her be super-loving yet.  It was really sweet.
 
I'll drive, Mama

Pretty as punch

Afterward we went to my parents’ house for a family visit.  Jody’s family was in town, and it was great to spend time with them and all the cousins!  My mom had some fun games for us all to play together, and the kids really enjoyed the kiddie pool and squirt guns.  Evie spent most of the day going up and down the stairs… so I spent most of the day going up and down the stairs!  Considering they didn’t really nap, both girls behaved pretty darn good!  Maggie had a meltdown when it was time to leave, and she was asleep one mile into the drive home!  Evie, on the other hand, screamed and fussed the entire 45 minute drive home… I was sooooooo happy to see Daddy when we got there!

Hangin with her godmother

Vroom-ing

A tough dude and his chicks

Throwing pops with Uncle Bobby

9 out of 11 grandkids!

Those cheeks...

Heading back to the stairs!
 
Race!  Who can fill the bucket with sponge water fastest?!

Throwing the old pigskin:



Water fight with Uncle Bobby!


No comments:

Post a Comment