Friday, September 7, 2018

Evie starts preschool

So Evie started 3-year old preschool this week.  It’s been a rough week.

The closest to a smile we could get

Her first day of school was on Tuesday, and it started off wonderfully as I sprained my ankle on my morning jog and had to call Jamie at 5:30am to come pick me up!  It’s still swollen, but I can almost walk without limping now.

We did try to get a first-day photo, but Evie was hysterical both before and after school… I do have a couple pictures that her teacher sent me as reassurance!  Her teacher is absolutely amazing, loving and patient.  
With her cuz buddy

Evie usually comes home and just let’s out all her emotions the second she walks in the door… one day she went up to bed at 6pm and begged to go to sleep (without any dinner).  I feel terrible watching her go through all this, but I do think it is important to try and stick with it. 

Nap time is a nice respite

By the end of the week, Evie still cries almost all evening and when she wakes up because she’s so anxious about going to school… but I will say that it has been a little less intense each day.  We have a long way to go, but at this point, I think we are making a little progress.   More prayers please!


This past weekend we had a fun girls day with Grandma at the splash pad!

Sisters in action

C'mon let's go!

Picnic lunch

Very annoyed with the flies

No comments:

Post a Comment