Monday, November 24, 2014

Time Out

Looks like I spoke too soon regarding Maggie's manners last week… her daycare teacher gently asked me if we use time-outs at home because Maggie is starting to get a little more sassy and headstrong.  She’s totally right, Maggie is very nice and sweet, but has trouble with authority.  Like many toddlers, she loves to tell us “no” just for the sake of it!

This is MY house!

Last night we instituted the “time-out” corner in our kitchen, just a little carpet square.  She gets one warning for bad behavior and then she’s in the corner.   We made it through most of the day and warnings seemed to do the trick.  Later in the day she was in time-out twice for not listening to us… oh my goodness, you would think someone told her that Elmo doesn’t love her – she was so incredibly upset and ashamed.  It was hard to not sweep her up and hug her, but we stayed firm.  After a few minutes we asked for an apology, cuddled for a minute and then moved on.   Hopefully these will help a little bit… I can say she was better behaved at dinner than usual, so that’s a good sign!

I'll be a good girl... for now!

Because we like to torture ourselves, we decided the whole family would go together for grocery shopping this weekend.  Maggie was pretty decent, but then we let her ride the Meijer pony… five. times.  Jamie was trying to kill time while I checked out, and people kept giving her pennies every time he hinted at being done!  She had a total meltdown when it was time to leave, but it was all smiles until then!

My little cowgirl

Last night after bath-time I put Maggie in a new pink nightgown for bedtime.  I don’t know why, but as soon as it was on she said, “I’m a princess!”  She was so thrilled with her special outfit (though she could care less when I put her in a real dress), and couldn’t wait to show Daddy.




Even princesses have to help
with the vacuuming

After work today we had Maggie’s well-check appointment and an ultrasound for her sister – busy busy!

I do declare, I feel
slightly underdressed

Maggie is 31.5 lbs and 34 inches tall (though we think she's taller, little wiggle worm wouldn't sit still).  She was pretty distraught anytime a nurse or doctor had to touch her, but all in all, it went pretty well.




After the pediatrician we rushed to my doctor to get the anatomy ultrasound for little sister.  The tech said that everything looked great, and she was 99% sure that this baby will not have club feet!  We're going to double check in January, but things looks great!  Our little girl is approximately 10 oz.

Hello, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment