Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mission: Sleep

We are approaching week #3 with little Evie, and attempting to get a little more order and routine to our days ("attempt" being the key word).  Evie is sleeping less at night, so I'm usually a zombie by the time Maggie wakes up for the day.  Having two kids is tricky!  Starbucks k-cups have become my medicine each morning.  Maggie is becoming more like me - not a morning person!  She usually has some sort of meltdown firsts thing in the morning, so I'm usually pumping milk, feeding Evie with one hand and comforting Maggie with the other...  oh well, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

My girls

Do not mess with this Diva!

My girls

Evie had her 2-week checkup, and everything looks great.  She gained a little over half a pound since she was born, and is in the 80th percentile for weight, height and noggin.

Afternoon snuggles

Maggie continues to develop each week - her words are getting clearer and she can finally name colors on a consistent basis!

Sidewalk picnic

This is her I-get-what-I-want-from-Daddy look

I took Evie with me to pick Maggie up from daycare on Friday, so all her friends and teachers got to see the new baby.  Maggie came running up to us, looked up at her teacher and said, "isn't my baby sister cute?"


Almost as cute as me!

Jamie's student art show was this week, and all his AP kids had to finish their portfolios - it was a long week with a lot of extra hours!  I know he's relieved to be finished with the seniors!

Daddy has his hands full at work and at home!

Feeding Evie very carefully



Sooo tired after church and lunch...
feel asleep mid-sucker

Visiting with Mike and Ash

Amy and Will came for a visit earlier in the week, a much needed distraction for Maggie!

Partners in crime


Singing a gentle, calming lullaby to Evie:


No comments:

Post a Comment