Saturday, August 17, 2013

Catch the Wave

No, Maggie hasn't mastered the skill of surfing just yet, but she is waving!  I thought she was just randomly waving her arms around, but now we see that she waves back when people wave to her.

Time for a haircut!
Still no crawling... she's made some progress from last week though.  She's moving her legs the right way, but she keeps rolling over to get places instead of crawling!  Maggie is definitely frustrated and strains really hard to get objects out of her reach, so I think we must be close.

Her first top tooth is starting to peak in.  It'll probably be another week or two before it's out all the way.  I'm trying to brush her teeth everyday... not sure why, but I have a hard time remembering to do that!  I made it part of our bedtime routine, and she really seems to enjoy it.  I think the pressure on her gums probably feels good.

Can I have some?

Maggie is a sleeping champ!  We haven't had to do snuggles in the middle of the night at all this past week!  I know she wakes up because I see her in a bunch of different positions throughout the night, but no big crying fits!  I think I just jinxed myself...  in the morning she usually wakes up around 6:30, and just plays with her hands and jabbers quietly until I come get her around 6:45.  I keep waiting for her to start crying... she must be a patient soul (unlike Mommy).  It's so funny, she always looks like she won the lottery when someone finally gets her in the morning!

Playing with the grass:



Grandma says that Maggie loves the big koi fish in Grandpa's pond.  She helps him feed the fish (motivational screeching) and likes to watch them swim around.


I've got a secret!

Not much else new this week.  Mommy and Daddy both had crazy work weeks, so it's time for a relaxing weekend (bottle(s) of wine, anyone?).  Shout-out to Aunt Amy who is under the weather - feel better soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment