Sunday, August 11, 2013

Last week of summer

Jamie starts work again tomorrow, so I suppose summer is somewhat over for us.  I'll be happy to have a regular routine again, though it was nice to have Jamie home with Maggie more often.  Maggie is going to spend 4 days with Grandma Donoghue each week, and home with me on one day.  It looks like our office is consolidating from Detroit to Northville next month, and I'm nervous that she'll be in bed by the time I get home every night... I'll have to work something out.

That would not be cool, Mommy

No major developments this week.  Maggie tried puffs, and she's still a little freaked out by the texture.  She's good at picking them up, but doesn't have much interest in eating them, just playing with them.  She's no longer a huge fan of bath time.  She'll tolerate it, but the hair rinse and drying off periods are rather unpleasant!

We decided it was time to force a little independence on Maggie during bedtime.  I used to rock her to sleep and place her in the crib for bedtime each night.  This past month she was waking up several times a night, and couldn't seem to soothe herself to sleep.  So Thursday night we let her cry it out... I put her to bed when she was a little drowsy, and she cried for about 30 minutes before finally falling asleep.  Jamie had to physically restrain me!  I was expecting this to occur for several nights, but she fell asleep after only a few minutes of fussing the past two nights!  She doesn't need us in the middle of the night either!  I think it's too early to tell, but so far so good!

Jamie painted another mural for Kate's new bedroom this week.  Maggie went to hang out with her buddy:

Chillin' in Kate's crib

Maggie's fave toy

Wall talkers



Finished product

Jamie did some face painting at Amy and Rex's church event Saturday, so Maggie and I tagged along for fun.  She had so much stuff to look at, it totally tuckered her out!  Jamie tried to give her a little face-paint flower, but she is incapable of sitting still for more than 2 seconds at a time!

Yay, it's my auntie!

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment