Sunday, December 8, 2013

1st Birthday!









 One year ago I was totally overwhelmed and confused... and not much has changed!  Just kidding - this little girl has completely changed our lives in the best way possible.  It was such a joy to celebrate her this week.

We went for her 12-month checkup on Wednesday.  Maggie is still in the 95 percentile for height and weight (currently 25 lb - 6 oz)!  They said she is looking good and has reached most of her milestones for this age.  Maggie loves dancing to music, climbing over things, crawling all over the place, climbing up the stairs and babbling lots of stories.  She loves her Snoopy stuffed animal... not sure why, she used to be terrified of stuffed animals!

I'm ready for my party now

Maggie celebrated her first birthday on Saturday with the family!  It was a bit crowded, but definitely a fun time!  Maggie got some awesome gifts, and did a pretty good job opening them, though we had some sensory overload towards the end.  Unfortunately Grandma Donoghue wasn't feel very well, so she had to celebrate remotely with us.  Maggie definitely missed her!

Cuddling with Grammer and Pops

Luke showed Maggie the ropes

Playing some tunes before dinner

She thoroughly enjoyed her cake... especially the sugary icing!  One of Jamie's students made Maggie an awesome cake:

Before...

This song is for me?!

I think I'll start right here...

Oh yea, that's the good stuff
 
Luke is always willing to help

...After



By the end of the day (by which I mean 6:30pm), Maggie was pooped.  She actually let me rock her to sleep, which hasn't happened in a while - it was awesome.

Today we found that Maggie got sick in her crib overnight and she's running a fever today... sigh... here we go again!

I might be sick, but I can still play with all
my new toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment