Sunday, June 29, 2014

Birthday, Shower, Rinse, Repeat

We had a very busy week and weekend in this household, mostly fun stuff though.  Jamie has been out of town since Thursday night for our friend Will's bachelor party - I'm waiting for him to come home soon.  He said the same thing he said after his bachelor party - it just reaffirms that while you love hanging with your buddies, you're definitely better off with your wife!  I agree!

Maggie has been such a good girl this week.  We keep having events to take her to that mess with her nap schedule, and she is still a sweetheart (although a little tired) through everything.  She's repeating more things that we say, every now and then you'll hear a string of repeated words too.  She loves being outside and pointing out all the animals.  If there's a different noise, such as a helicopter or lawnmower, she will stop dead in her tracks, and point to her ear (Grandma does this with her) so that you will stop and listen to the new sounds with her.

On Monday, Jamie and Maggie stopped by City Hall to have a quick brownbag with me by the fountain.  Have I mentioned how much I love my new job?

Squirrel!

She kept trying to climb up and in...
thankfully her legs are just a little too short to get up there

On Wednesday we celebrated my Mom's birthday with dinner at Rainforest Cafe!  I think Luke and Maggie both enjoyed the scenery, but we couldn't keep Maggie in her seat at all - there was just too much to look at!  Thankfully my family helped walk her around so we could cram some food in our mouths.  Afterward we went to the playscape in the mall - Maggie hasn't really done this in a very long time (not since she could walk anyway), so she was soooo happy.

Can we live here?

We could not get Maggie to come out
of the tunnel!

Trying to get a birthday photo with
Grammer, but there's just too much to see!

All aboard!

On the look-out for trouble

Woo!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday!

We had Amy and Rex's baby shower this Saturday at Palm Palace in Auburn Hills, and it turned out really nice!  They got lots of cute things, and have most of the stuff they need for their new baby.  We are so excited to meet this little boy - he could come at any time, the birth mom is 4cm already!

Parents to be!

Had to snap a photo of the food - soo tasty!
I'm addicted to garlic butter now.

Wait, I have to share you with
another cousin?!  Fine... as long
as I can boss him around.

My pretty girl

When in doubt, distract with balloons!

Maggie and I had a great day today.  We went to church, and I didn't have to take her to the back once!  We had fun walking outside, coloring, taking a bath and just hanging out.  I love days like this.





She really enjoyed playing with the
leaves today

Going once, twice - sold to the
sassy little girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment