Sunday, July 27, 2014

Luke's Birthday!

We celebrated Luke's 3rd birthday and Bobby and Al's house yesterday.  There were kids everywhere - I just love big families!  Luke was a sweetheart, and even put up with Maggie (most of the time).  Maggie was soooo happy to be there.  She loves Luke, and was so happy to play with his swing-set, sand box and new power car!

The birthday boy!

He knew how to blow the candles out this year

If we work together, we can make twice the mess!

Playing with his gigantic crane from
Uncle John and Aunt Michelle

"A puzzle! Can we play with it now?" 
Claire was such a little sweetheart all day,
I actually enjoyed changing her diaper
(no squirming or crying!)

Here's some pictures and videos of Luke's new car.  Luke figured out how to drive really quick, he's a natural!  Maggie loved riding alongside Luke, and kept trying to push the pedal with her hand.  PJ tried to show her how to drive, but she had no interest in that - she just wanted Luke to take her around... sigh, such a girl...

Double trouble




I thought this was a sweet photo

I love this video - if you listen, you can hear Luke saying thanks for his new car from Uncle PJ (without being prompted):




Maggie really loved swinging with Pops:

Best. Party. Ever.

I hadn't used the slow-motion feature of my iphone yet, and I thought this was a funny opportunity:



Maggie also got to spend some time with cousin Will this week.  Jamie said she really liked petting him and kept putting (probably more like shoving) his pacifier in his mouth.  I was happy that she didn't try to keep the pacifier for herself.  

Stick with me, kid,
I'll show you the ropes

I love you, cuz!

Helping Grandma feed Will

Maggie also made progress in the pool this week.  She is now happy to float along by herself with water wings on, and can kind of shimmy/kick her way across the pool.  We had a ball playing together!

Must swim further! 

This is Maggie a year ago - so little and plump!

Maggie is a huge fan of the sand box

I think it might be time to buy her
a booster seat.

Jamie was busy all weekend helping Ben's Encore at the Henry Ford Maker Fair this weekend.  He was even interviewed by the news!  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the interview, but I'm sure it was great!

Support Ben's Encore!








No comments:

Post a Comment