Monday, September 22, 2014

Where's Mama?

A bunch of my Harmonette friends from college got together this weekend for Bonde’s Bachelorette Party!

Bonde Boo's getting married!

One of the girls let us use her family cottage on Lake Michigan to celebrate all weekend.  I’ve really been looking forward to it, though I expected a tiny little cottage, sleeping on the floor, pizza and chips all weekend and lots of exhaustion.  Instead I got to stay at an AMAZING “cottage” (more like a new, modern, beautiful house), a super comfy bed, lots of homemade gourmet cooking, and a ton of girl time!  (clearly I’ve been hanging out with too many guy friends and forgot how lovely it is when just girls get together)

A mimosa bar for Saturday morning - I love girls

I feel a little guilty saying this, but it was really nice to get away from being a mom for a weekend.  Of course I missed my little girl, but a couple days with no nap/food schedule or tantrums was pretty great!

I came home Sunday afternoon as Maggie was waking up from her nap.  When she saw me in her doorway, she did this little gasp and then started saying “Mama” over and over again!  She gave me the biggest hug when I picked her up and didn’t want to let go… I basically melted. 

I don’t have a ton of Maggie photos this week, I'll try to do better next week!


Watching a movie. On the toilet. With a broom.
Don't ask.

Maggie really loves to sing songs with us, but she has a hard time with all the phrases.  She pretty much mumbles along, and then sings the last word in each sentence really loud to make up for the other words.  Here's our version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star:



No comments:

Post a Comment