Monday, September 28, 2015

Sick September

It’s definitely back-to-school season!  Maggie has been coughing with a runny nose all week.  She’ll get close to being healthy, and then get sick again at daycare.  So far Evie has only had a few little signs of a cold, nothing too major. 

Cuddles make everything better

My saint of a mother-in-law came to stay with the girls at our house three days last week to help them get healthy.  She does their laundry, puts away the dishes, washes the bottles… maybe I should’ve married her?  Just kidding, my hubby is a very supportive and hardworking guy – don’t know what we would do without Grandma though!  She also sends me cute videos during the day:



Evie wants to touch everything!  Here's a cute little video of her at dinner - I love watching her eyes try to keep up:



On Friday we went to the Bishop Foley football game.  Maggie had a lot of fun running around, and then awkwardly forced me into the student section where an old person like me sooooo does not belong.  She spent a bunch of time climbing the bleachers, and then ran around with some other kids for a bit.

Go Foley!

Playing futbol

On Saturday we took Maggie on a little date to Coney Island and to see Inside Out (we're a little behind the times).  She was so adorable during the movie, captivated the whole time.  She kept shouting things like "watch out!" or "oh no!"  We had to remind her to whisper, but it was so gosh darn cute.

Being cheesy together

We saw Bobby and co. at church yesterday, and Maggie was very excited to see her cousins.  When we parted ways after, Maggie sobbed uncontrollably on the way to the car, shouting "I love Luke" in between sobs and gasps for air.  So I think I need to schedule a play date soon.

Grammer and Pops came to visit us yesterday.  I went shopping with my mom while the guys watched the girls, and then we went out to dinner!  Maggie and Evie have a ton of new clothes now, and Maggie is beyond thrilled to have two new dresses (a.k.a. nightgowns) to wear to bed.  I put one on her last night, and she whispered "wow," as if something amazing just happened.  I hope it's always this easy to make her happy!

Life doesn't get better than this!

Just tidying up a bit before Grammer and Pops come over

Here's some others from the week:


Getting her art on

Giving love to Teddy





Not too impressed


Zach and Jamie at the Wings game!

My mom told me yesterday that I need to get as many recordings of Maggie's voice as I can at this age, because I won't ever want to forget it.  One of my favorite things is when Maggie says her night-time prayers.  She's pretty good, but still needs a little help from time to time.  Here she is (she also wanted to show off and say her dinner prayer as well):






No comments:

Post a Comment