Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Funny Valentine

This was my first full week back at work, and it went great!  Both grandmas have been watching her each day, and I think Maggie is loving it!




I am allowed to work from home one day each week, so I tried it out on Wednesday.  I was nervous that Maggie would keep me from getting anything done, but she was perfect!   I was able to get in a couple hours before she woke up for the day, and then she napped most of the morning so I could get another few hours in.  I work late every other day so that I can get by with only 4 to 6 hours of work from home.  I know she'll be awake more as time goes on, and this might get trickier, but I think it will work out for a while!


Maggie seems to be doing fine with her special shoes. We take a bath every other day, so she has her feet free for about a half hour.  It takes me 10 minutes to get them strapped on because I usually have to redo them 3 times to get her foot in the correct position!  She's an angel while I strap her in, even though I push pretty hard on her feet to position them.  I still can't believe how good she's been!

Maggie still has fussy moments throughout the day, but I think we are past the long crying sessions (knock on wood).  She is now eating 5 to 6 ounces at each feeding, and sleeping from about 10pm to 8am!  My little rock star!

Poor daddy was sick again this week, with a fever of 102!  I thought that Maggie and I would get sick for sure, but so far we are doing okay.  Since this is Jamie's first full year of teaching, I think we can expect more colds... looking forward to summer.

Maggie received some valentines from several people.  Her evil parents ate her chocolates, mwah ha ha!




Yesterday was Uncle Jason's 24th birthday!  We went over to Mom and Dad's to celebrate:

Happy Birthday, Uncle Jason!

Let's talk, Daddy

On a serious note, I think Maggie has the "Rabine-crazy-toe."  Her Aunt Jody and Grammer'r fourth toe does this weird curl under thing, and only on one foot.  It was hard to see when she was born because of the club feet, but now I'm pretty sure it's confirmed.  An expert* says that while the appearance is goofy, it is a sign of a good person with a happy future.

  
Everything looks sane here...
Crazy toe!
 

*Expert = Holly Donoghue, who is not actually an expert in any psychic or medical fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment