Monday, June 8, 2015

Quick Update

It's June!

Saturday we cleaned out our garage... what a bunch of junk!  Maggie had an awesome time - there was so much to look at!  So many dangerous things to touch and climb on!  It was a bit of work keeping an eye on the girls and getting stuff done, but we managed pretty well.

She could not understand why we couldn't
use the sled.

She literally sat there for 20+ minutes,
just hoping it would get slippery

Evie loves being outside, so we try to take walks every day.  It's taking a lot longer to get around the neighborhood because Maggie feels the need to "climb" every tree.  This consists of holding on to the trunk, marching over the tree roots (note that all the trees have branches at least 6 feet off the ground), then looking at me quizzically because she is going nowhere.  There are a lot of trees in Royal Oak.

This looks like a good one!

Look at me go!

Maggie was a little under the weather this weekend, so we watched some movies and she blessed us with 3 to 4-hour naps!  Amazing!  Mulan and any Tinkerbell movie are her favorites right now.  I'm happy to get away from the Disney princesses for a while.  I know the oldies are classics, but geez, some of those princesses are not the best examples for my girls.  What kind of girl/mermaid falls in love and gets married within three days (even the Bachelorette takes longer!)?  Why didn't Cinderella just leave the house and make something of herself - she marries a guy who didn't even bother to ask her name instead!?  Snow White's existence consists of taking care of 7 guys and taking food from strangers?!?  Ugh.  I can't.

My Mom's full of it.
She still loves those movies.

Do NOT diss my princesses!

The headband struggle continues... except now she insists that the proper position is at the top of the forehead and refuses to let me push it back.

Trust me, Mom, this how all the kids wear it

Would you trust this doctor?



No comments:

Post a Comment