Sunday, June 14, 2015

Welcome to Jurassic Dork

As you probably heard, a little movie called Jurassic World opened this past weekend.  Jamie has been dreaming about this movie for quite some time!  Alain showed up dressed like Dr. Stadler (the beautiful woman from Jurassic Park), so Jamie naturally felt the need to dress up as Dr. Alan Grant.  We conveniently had a dinosaur hat and tail lying around.  Sigh.  These are my friends.

There are no words.

The rest of us stayed about
10 steps behind at the theater

My friend Erin was in town this weekend with her little boy James.  We got to hang out at our place for dinner, and then went for a walk to get some ice cream.  Maggie was a terror most of the time... she is awful at sharing her toys (which I know is pretty normal), but she can be so dramatic about it!  She does well with sharing at daycare, but when she's on her own turf, watch out!

I will eat this entire thing.

No, I do not require your assistance!

Erin and the little man!

Observing butterflies with Daddy


Evie is one of the happiest little babies I've ever seen, offering smiles to anyone who pays her attention.  The poor girl is always being set down somewhere so we can get things done or take care of Maggie.  I try to give her has much one-on-one snuggle time as possible!

Our happy little flower 

Sure I'll smile for you

I can do this all day!

Maggie is being a pretty good sister, though I think some of the novelty has worn off.  It's kind of a relief because she was in Evie's face all the time!

#1 sister!

A true sister will pick you nose
when you can't

Maggie LOVES her visits to Grandma's house each week.  There's a girl about the same age who lives down the street, and Maggie refers to her as, "Emily, my best friend."

Playing with Will and Emily

Sometimes I put Evie under the little jungle gym.  So far, she is perplexed and doesn't like all the things so close to her face.

Get me out of here!

Evie generally enjoys bath time (except when I towel her off):

Happy girl

She doesn't love getting her hair washed

...but she's a good sport

We went for a family walk this weekend, and then I took Evie home while Jamie and Maggie walked to a park.  Maggie tripped and got a bloody knee on the way, but surprisingly, she just brushed it off because she really wanted to go to the park.  She freaked out at home when we cleaned it, but otherwise, she was tough girl!

'Tis merely a flesh wound!

My tough girl
(this is actually what she looks like seconds
before she gets a timeout)

Oh geez, will you stop talking about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment