Tuesday, November 10, 2015

To life!

New life!  Our niece Sarah Elizabeth was born on Monday, and she is a beautiful little ball of sweetness.  Maggie and I went to visit at the hospital tonight, and I just couldn't believe how tiny she was compared to Evie... you forget just how small they are.  She even let me have the honor of wiping her bum.  So we're pretty tight.

Maggie loves her new cousin

Maggie said "I think she should come home with us" at least three times while we were there... when it was time to leave, she had a mini-meltdown because she didn't want to leave without Sarah.  I had to carry her through the hospital while she wailed "Sarah!" at the top her lungs.  So we went to McDonalds... it worked... don't judge me.

Telling her "we're here for you" as she fussed
getting her diaper changed

We went to the Neuroscience Center this week to get Evie's flat spot checked.  The doctor recommended that she wear an adjustment helmet for 3 to 4 months.  She is getting fitted this week, and I'm sure we'll get the helmet in a little while.  After all we went through with Maggie's club feet, this really doesn't seem like a big deal.  It's kind of a bummer, but we just thank God every day for our girls' health - we are so blessed.

Give it to me straight, Doc

Otherwise it was a pretty calm weekend.  Maggie and I went to the zoo and played outside, just had a good time together.  Evie continues to be annoyed whenever we sit her down alone - she just wants to be part of the action!  My left bicep is approaching Thor-like strength from carrying her around everywhere!

"These pine  cones are best friends"

My snuggle bear at the park

Looking at the butterflies

Our little artist hard at work

Side note - if you're ever driving southbound on I-75 near 14 Mile Road, look for the billboard ad Jamie designed for Bishop Foley!  It's one of those electronic ones, so you don't always get to see it.  Proud of my hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment